Thursday, August 29, 2013

Starting Free Online Dance Classes on YouTube


About a month ago, I started teaching Bharatanatyam to students online. What started as a hobby has become an integral part of my day. With so many people requesting for classes, I found myself short of time to devote to each student personally. Nevertheless, I didn't want to say no to anyone who asked to learn this art.

Hence, I've decided to start uploading free instructional dance videos on YouTube! :-) It may not be like a typical class, but for those who do not want personal coaching and feel they can follow videos and learn, it'll be of great help. Even for those who've learned Bharatanatyam before, my videos can prove to be a great revising/practicing tool for you.

Please make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to get updates whenever I upload a new video. :-) The videos will be short and to the point, demonstrating series of Bharatanatyam steps in Kalakshetra style and other exercises, hand gestures etc. that I've learned from my Guru.

source

I'm still conducting personal coaching via Skype/Google Hangouts. If you want to have a one-on-one session, you're welcome to contact me. But for a beginner, these videos are enough to give you a  kick start into the world of Bharatanatyam - provided you are consistent and sincere in your approach. :-)


Please bare with me as I learn the nuances of video making, speaking to the camera, content, camera, lighting etc. As of now, I'm a complete novice and the videos are awkward and not of great quality. But I'm hoping to upgrade soon enough. Your feedback would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...